Monday, June 8, 2009

The First Meal



I can't show the kitchen yet because it's not done, but it's done enough to cook. So here is my very first creation in our new kitchen. A 4 pound chicken, cooked in a Viking range in convection mode: 1 hour. That's pretty good. That's usually 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. Anyway...

Toasting the asparagus. In the same pan.In the chicken drippings. Yum.




Browning the potatoes in same chicken drippings. In the same pan. (I try very hard to maximize pan use.)



Deglazing the pan with wine. Action photo.



Reducing the sauce. Stock, butter and a wee bit of heavy cream.



And the plated meal. Yes, I still have it.





2 comments:

  1. Beats pizza and ramen noodles! Looks great and I am sure it tasted wonderful! Enjoy - Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the finished pictures?????
    Joan

    ReplyDelete