Sunday, September 26, 2010

Potatoes...boiled in butter



This was the jaw-dropping show stopper at the Ritz cooking class.



Two sticks of bubbling butter.




Potatoes tossed in.



Then covered in parchment paper and boiled for 10 minutes. Why the butter doesn't burn, I don't know. Maybe it's all the steam. Maybe because there is just so much of it.



Then uncovered, and boiled for another 5 minutes.




And then quickly drained "because we don't want the fat of the butter to be absorbed by the potatoes." Ya. Right.



So, if we're having butter boiled potatoes, we might as well serve them with a huge hunk of beef. The potatoes are absolutely delicious, a bit nutty and very, very decadent. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I'm sorry I haven't stopped by here in a couple of months. (Russ could tell you - I was crazy busy with a web project this summer!)
    But now I've noticed that he sprang for french cooking classes? Oui! Oui! So great that I can enjoy what you've learned, too... even if not as much as he does!

    Keep 'em coming! (Come on! There must have been a few more lessons, yes?)

    ReplyDelete